Preparing our students for A-Levels, university and beyond
With a strong focus on university preparation, Sixth Form offers Year 12 & 13 classes for students aged 16 to 18 years. In line with our sister school, ISPKL in Malaysia, Sixth Form will open in our fifth year of operation as the first cohort of IGCSE students complete their course. Sixth form @ ISPH will be a centre of both personal and academic excellence due to the many opportunities that we will offer our students.
Our Sixth Form students will benefit from being taught in small classes by experienced A-Level teachers, who have a genuine passion for and are specialists in their subject.
As well as offering a wide range of A-Level subjects as part of the core academic curriculum, we will also provide students with the opportunity to extend and enrich their Sixth Form experience through a wide and varied programme of support and student centred development programmes.
We will ensure that not only are our students able to submit highly competitive applications to top universities around the world, but that they also have the skills and attributes to ensure success as independent young adults in the 21st Century. We have absolute confidence that we will provide exactly what each individual student needs.
Discover where ISPH can take you
Journey through Sixth Form
Students in the Sixth Form follow an academic programme based on the AS and A-Level syllabuses from Cambridge International Examinations. A-Levels are the ‘gold standard’ post-16 qualification and are highly valued by universities and employers around the world. The A-Levels we offer give students the best preparation for their future.
Students are encouraged to choose subjects they are passionate about, have a natural aptitude for and are willing and able to study for two more years. Naturally, a certain level of academic achievement in these subjects is also required for the student to be successful in their final examinations. Students in Year 11 will be guided by teachers and tutors to help them make sensible decisions on subjects to study at A-Level. Year 11 students receive an A-Level options booklet and are invited, along with their parents, to an information session to give them more information about the subjects available. Academic staff are on hand to answer any questions. All of our Information Sessions are also available to any external students interested in joining our Sixth Form.
ISPH learners can choose from a range of assessment options to gain Cambridge International AS & A-Levels qualifications:
- Take the Cambridge International AS-Levels only at the end of year 12
- The syllabus content is half a Cambridge International A-Level
- Take a ‘staged’ assessment route – take the Cambridge International AS-Level in year 12 and complete the final Cambridge International A-Level in year 13
- Take all papers of the Cambridge International A-Level course in year 13
- Results are issued in August
- The Cambridge International A-Level is reported on a grade scale from A* (highest) to E
- There is no A* grade for Cambridge International AS-Levels, which run from grade A to E
Next Stage Following A-levels
- Success in Cambridge qualifications often gives students admission to the world’s best universities – in the US, the UK, Korea, Australia, Canada, Germany and beyond.
- Cambridge qualifications are accepted and valued by the 20 best universities around the world,
including MIT, Harvard, and Cambridge.
Sixth Form Education
An outstanding Sixth Form education expands far beyond academic studies. In order to complement our core curriculum an ISPH graduate will have access and opportunities in the following important areas:
- Academic Extension – Lecture Series, ISPH Presents, Academic Societies, Extended Reading Groups, International Project Qualification, IELTS programme.
- Counselling & Guidance – VESPA guidance, University Counselling, Wellbeing Counselling, Key Subject Counselling, Careers Guidance, University Applications.
- COALS – Pastoral Support Programme, Community Outreach, Leadership, Trips, International Awards.
- Enrichment ECAs & SCAs – Extra Curricular Sports/Music/Creative Arts/Visual Arts. Super Curricular Societies, Magazines, Clubs, Competitions, Trips.
Read more on our A-Level programme leaflet.